Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 (3
ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Thaw and drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- To syrup add water to make 1 cup;
bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Add ice cream
by spoonsful, stirring until melted.
- Chill until thickened.
- Fold in frozen strawberries. Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill until firm.
- To serve, garnish with whipped cream and fresh strawberry halves.