Toffee Ice Cream Pie with
Toffee Sundae Sauce
- 18 vanilla wafers
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chopped Heath English
toffee candy bars
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- Line bottom and sides of buttered 9-inch pie pan with wafers.
- Spoon half of the
ice cream into wafer shell; sprinkle 1/2 cup of the toffee on top, then add remaining
- Freeze until serving time.
- Prepare Toffee Sundae Sauce by combining sugar, milk, butter, syrup and salt.
Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining toffee; cool, stirring occasionally.
- Serve Toffee Sundae Sauce over pie.
Makes 6 to 8 servings and 2 1/2 cups sauce.