Impossible Beef Enchilada Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Bisquick
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic until brown; drain.
- Stir in chili
powder, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup taco sauce.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly
- Top with 1 1/2 cups cheese; spread with beef mixture.
- Beat milk, eggs and baking mix until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or
1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into plate.
- Bake until knife inserted in center
comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Spread remaining taco sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until
cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and sour cream if desired.
6 to 8 servings