Impossible Brunch Pie
Spicy pork sausage, bell peppers and hash brown potatoes combine with cheese
and baking mix for a large impossible pie recipe that's perfect for a brunch.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese,
- 1 cup baking mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs,
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a glass 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish and set
- In large skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring
frequently, until sausage is no longer pink; drain well.
- Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups cheese in prepared baking
- In medium bowl, combine baking mix, milk, pepper and eggs and whisk until blended.
Pour into baking dish over sausages and potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 1 to 2 minutes longer until cheese
- Cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.