Impossible Caramel Custard Pie
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk biscuit baking mix
cup flaked coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Combine all ingredients except coconut at high speed of blender for 15 seconds
or until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle coconut on top, if desired.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Source: Southern Living Cooking School Cookbook - Fall, 1982