Impossible Greek Spinach Pie
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon
butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, drained and
- 1/2 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cook and stir onions and garlic in butter in a 10-inch skillet until onions are
transparent (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in spinach.
- Layer spinach mixture and cottage
cheese in pie plate.
- Beat milk, eggs, Bisquick and lemon juice and pepper until smooth (15 seconds
in a blender or 1 minute with hand beater).
- Pour over spinach/cottage cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes at
350 degrees F or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Garnish with ripe olives, if desired.