Impossible Herbs 'n' Onion Pie
- 3 onions, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon
dried savory leaves
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cook onions in butter in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently, until onions are
- Arrange half of the onions evenly in pie plate; sprinkle with half of
- Top with remaining onions and bacon.
- Place milk, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and baking mix in blender container. Cover
and blend on high 15 seconds.
- Pour into plate.
- Mix herbs in small bowl; crush slightly.
- Sprinkle evenly over milk mixture.
until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
For 2 servings: Grease 2 (10 ounce) custard cups. Decrease onions to 1, butter
to 2 tablespoons, bacon to 4 slices, milk to 1/2 cup, Worcestershire sauce to 1/2
teaspoon, eggs to 1, Bisquick to to 1/4 cup and herbs to a pinch of each. Bake 10
High altitude: Grease a 10-inch pie plate. Cook onions until softened, 6-7 minutes.
Bake 30-35 minutes. For 2 servings, bake 20-25 minutes.