Impossible Mexican Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce)
envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack
or Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Salsa, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix (dry).
- Spoon into pie plate; top
- Stir milk, eggs and Bisquick until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25
minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 feet): Increase first bake time to about 28 minutes.
1 Serving: 310 calories (170 calories from fat); 19 g fat (8 g saturated);
130 mg cholesterol; 630 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate (1 g dietary fiber); 22 g protein