Impossible Southwestern Pie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 8 medium green onions, chopped
(15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 eggs
- Additional thick-and-chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Layer corn, onions and beans in pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir Bisquick, milk, 1/2 cup salsa and the eggs until blended.
- Pour into pie
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 feet): Increase Bisquick to 2/3 cup. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
1 Serving: 230 calories (55 calories from fat); 6 g fat (2.5 g saturated);
80 mg cholesterol; 590 mg sodium; 37 mg carbohydrate (6 g dietary fiber); 13 g protein