Impossibly Easy Italian Chicken Pie
Satisfy your craving for pizza with an easy Italian-style chicken pie. It's
loaded with cheese and authentic Italian seasonings.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in pie plate.
- Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella
cheese, the oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato paste; spoon over Parmesan
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes
or longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.
Nutritional Info Per 1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110 ); Total
Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat 6 g); Cholesterol 120 mg; Sodium 660 mg; Total Carbohydrate
15 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 24 g
Diet Exchanges: 1 Starch; 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
Source: General Mills