- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion,
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Separate biscuits; then pat each on floured surface to 5-inch circles.
- Lightly brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper in a skillet. Pour off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir.
- Place heaping portion of meat mixture on each biscuit circle. Fold in half and
seal edges with a fork.
- Deep fry until golden brown in 2 inches of oil at 375 degrees F.
- Drain on paper towels.
Yield: 10 pies