BLT Brunch Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
* Reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream and mayonnaise may not
- Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Press pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Filling: Combine mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and
- Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.