Burger and Fries Pot Pie
Beef and potatoes come together in this cheesy pot pie that’s baked to perfection
- a savory dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen crispy French-fried potatoes (from 20-ounce bag)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat about
8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well.
- Sprinkle flour over beef mixture. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- In ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in single layer on top.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 45 min | Servings 6
Be sure to drain the cooked ground beef really well. Any extra juices will make
the pot pie too watery. When it’s too cold outside to grill those burgers, comfort
food calls, and this pot pie will surely hit the spot! Serve this pot pie with ketchup,
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 340 ( Calories from
Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g ), Cholesterol 90mg
Sodium 340mg Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars3g) Protein 26g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A6%; Vitamin C8%; Calcium15%; Iron15%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.