Cheese-Topped Taco Pie
- 1 Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crust (from 15ounce
package), softened as directed on package
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package
Old El Paso® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Old El Paso® Thick n Chunky
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2.8-ounce)
can French fried onions
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded taco-flavored
- 2 eggs
- 1 small tomato, seeded, diced
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for onecrust
baked shell using 9inch glass pie pan or 10inch deep-dish pie pan.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet
over mediumhigh heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered
5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and half of the French fried onions;
- Spoon mixture into baked crust.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the tacoflavored cheese blend
and eggs; mix well. Spoon over beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and set in
- Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over filling.
remaining French fried onions in center of filling.
- Return to oven; bake an additional
2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle tomato around edge and in center of filling. Let pie stand for 10 to
15 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 75 mins
Michelle Bocianski, Wheaton, Illinois
Reprinted with permission from
the American Dairy Association.