Chicken, Broccoli and Mushroom Pie
- 1 cup lightly packed shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped, cooked broccoli
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup lightly packed shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- Cheese Crust: Using pastry blender, combine cheese, flour, salt, dry
mustard and melted butter. Press dough evenly into bottom and up
sides of a 10-inch pie plate.
- Filling: Sprinkle chicken breast lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 25 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into cubes; set aside. (You should have about 1 1/4 cups
- Melt butter in a skillet. Over medium heat, sauté onion and mushrooms
in butter 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in flour. Add cream,
1 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Simmer 1
minute. (Mixture doesn't thicken.)
- Add broccoli, eggs and chicken cubes; blend well.
- Stir in Romano cheese. Set aside.
- Line crust with shredded Swiss cheese.
- Pour broccoli-chicken mixture into cheese lined crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F; bake 20 minutes or until set.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 18, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.