Chicken Cornbread Pie
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 cups pasteurized prepared cheese food, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6.5 ounce) package Martha White Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, sour
- Combine chicken, cheese, beans, olives, salsa, chili powder and
garlic powder; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking
- Combine cornbread mix and milk in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour over chicken mixture in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Krogers Food Stores