Chicken Tortilla Pie
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2
cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups grated
- 12 corn tortillas
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and onions
and sauté until soft.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and tomato sauce.
- Remove one cup of the sauce from
the skillet and set aside.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce in the bottom of a pie, spring-form or cake
- Layer with corn tortillas, about 3 1/2 per layer, tearing them to cover the
- Top with half the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Top with more tortillas.
- Spread refried beans over top and sprinkle with 1/2 grated
- Repeat with another layer of the tortillas, and top with the remaining chicken
mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Top with one more layer of tortillas, the reserved
sauce and another 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, until completely heated.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
After preparation, the Chicken Tortilla Pie can be refrigerated overnight
or frozen for up to one month before baking. Allow additional baking time if pie
is cold when put into the oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.