Corn Topped Beef Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 unpeeled tart apple, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6.3 to 9 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Brown beef and celery in a large skillet; drain.
- Stir in chili sauce,
apple, pepper and cumin.
- Spoon meat mixture into a 10-inch quiche
dish or an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Prepare corn muffin mix following package directions.
- Stir corn
into muffin batter.
- Spread batter evenly over meat mixture to outer
edges of dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until
cornbread is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings