Curried Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 pound sliced baby Portobello mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups) or sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast meat, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 1/3 cups)
- 1 ready-to-bake pie crust
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
curry powder, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and then chicken broth. Simmer to thicken, about 1
- Stir in peas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in a deep pie dish or a soufflé dish about 6 inches
- Pour sauce over chicken and mix well. Place pie crust
over the top, cutting away and discarding any excess. Prick it with
a fork in several places.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: Per serving: 635 calories, 22.4g fat (3.5 g saturated),
96mg cholesterol, 50.9g protein, 58.3g carbohydrates, 8.2g fiber,