Curried Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 pound sliced baby Portobello mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups) or sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast meat, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 1/3 cups)
- 1 ready-to-bake pie crust
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
curry powder, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and then chicken broth. Simmer to thicken, about 1
- Stir in peas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in a deep pie dish or a soufflé dish about 6 inches
- Pour sauce over chicken and mix well. Place pie crust
over the top, cutting away and discarding any excess. Prick it with
a fork in several places.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: Per serving: 635 calories, 22.4g fat (3.5 g saturated),
96mg cholesterol, 50.9g protein, 58.3g carbohydrates, 8.2g fiber,
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.