Deep-Dish Crab Pie
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 1/2-inch slices green onions
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 unbaked pie shell in 10-inch quiche pan
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place rack at lowest level.
- In medium-size skillet, cook carrot in butter until tender.
- Add onions, dill weed and basil; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in crab meat. Spoon into shell.
- Beat remaining ingredients. Pour over crab mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until knife
inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.