Deep-Dish Turkey Pot Pie
Looking for a classic turkey recipe using Progresso® chicken pot pie style soup?
Then check out this slow cooked pot pie made with Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust
and Green Giant® vegetables.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium stalk
celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 jar (4.5 ounces) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms,
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (18.6 ounces) Progresso® chicken pot pie
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables,
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In slow cooker, mix turkey,
onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir in soup and mixed vegetables. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook
about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on
work surface. With 2 3/4- to 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from crust,
rerolling once; discard scraps.
- Place pie crust rounds on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until
pie crust rounds are golden brown and crisp.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet
to cooling rack.
- Top each serving of pot pie with 2 baked crusts.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 5 Hr 45 Min
Makes: 6 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 380 o (Calories from
Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium
2240mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g o (Dietary Fiber 4g, o Sugars 6g), Protein 26g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 80%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from