Fall Skillet Pot Pie
Store-bought rotisserie chicken, refrigerated biscuits and an oven-proof
skillet make this comfort food favorite a weeknight reality. Kitchen Basics®
Original Chicken Stock adds savory richness to sweet potatoes and peas, mixed
with a blend of McCormick® seasonings, including Thyme, Garlic Powder and Ground
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (7.5 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle with flour. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended.
- Add stock, milk, apple cider, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme and pepper;
whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in chicken, sweet potatoes and peas. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to
medium; cook and stir 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Test Kitchen Tip: Wrap the skillet handle in foil if your skillet is not
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 421 Cholesterol:
76mg Sodium: 701mg Protein: 27g Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Fiber: 4g
Recipe and photo credit: