Hearty Shepherd's Pot Roast Pie
Hearty Shepherd's Pot Roast Pie is very simple to make with only five ingredients.
- 1 (17 ounce) package Refrigerated Fully Cooked Boneless Beef Pot Roast with
Gravy or au jus*
- 1 (24 ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
* You can substitute leftover pot roast and homemade mashed potatoes, if desired.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile remove beef pot roast from container; reserve gravy or au jus for another use. Shred pot roast in medium bowl with 2 forks; stir in thyme.
- Spray 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 of potatoes over bottom of dish; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top evenly with shredded beef and vegetables; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Spread remaining
potatoes over the top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover; continue baking for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and edges begin to brown. Let stand, loosely covered, 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 481 Calories; 25 g Total Fat; 13 g
Saturated Fat; 3 g Monounsaturated Fat; 77 mg Cholesterol; 1325 mg Sodium; 41 g
Total carbohydrate; 19 g Protein; 3.7 mg Iron; 3 mg Niacin; 0.2 mg Vitamin B6; 0
mg Choline; 2.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4 mg Zinc; 25.5 mcg Selenium; 4 g Fiber
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Texas Beef Team
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.