Mini Bacon Chicken Pot Pies
What could make an easy chicken pot pie even better? A convenient flaky biscuit
topping and crisp bacon.
- 1 can (10.2 ounces) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers original refrigerated biscuits
- 1 jar (12 ounces) homestyle chicken gravy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup refrigerated cooked diced potatoes with onions (from 20-ounce bag)
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 5 (10-ounce) ramekins or custard cups with
cooking spray. Place on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir gravy and cornstarch with wire whisk.
- Stir in milk,
thyme, pepper, chicken, vegetables and potatoes. Heat to boiling over medium-high
heat, stirring occasionally. Immediately spoon about 1 cup hot chicken mixture into
each ramekin; top each with 4 biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over tops of biscuits.
- Bake about 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
The chicken mixture must be piping-hot when spooned into the ramekins in order
to bake the biscuits properly.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Pot Pie) Calories 570 (Calories from
Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 3g), Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium
1700mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 9g), Protein 30g
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat;
3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from