Nacho Pot Pie
Chicken broth and beans provide a tasty addition to this nacho pot pie – a wonderful
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1/2 cup butter or
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 shallots, finely
chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™
taco seasoning mix (from 1-ounce package)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken(from 2-pound chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce)
can Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Green Giant™ Steamers™
Niblets® frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces)
shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat broth over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; cover
to keep warm.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter with 2 tablespoons of the warm broth over medium-high
- Add carrots, shallots, garlic, taco seasoning, pepper and salt. Cook for 5 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender.
- Gradually add flour, stirring with whisk. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in whipping cream and remaining warm broth. Heat to boiling; add chicken,
beans and corn. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 11 x 7-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
- Top with crushed
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time 25 min
Total Time 50 min
Crushed tortilla chips make a creative crunchy topping for this kid-friendly
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 415 Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 10g Sodium 817mg Total Carbohydrate 38g Dietary Fiber 5g Protein 18g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from