New England Lobster Pie
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter, divided
- 1/2 cup good-quality sherry
- 2 cups lobster meat, in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter, add sherry, and boil 1 minute.
- Add lobster and remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Drain and reserve the sherry from the lobster meat, then slowly stir sherry and Half-and-Half
into the mixture until thoroughly blended. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Spoon 4 tablespoons of the sauce into a small bowl.
- Add beaten egg yolks, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Return egg mixture to sauce and mix well. Stir over low heat about 3 minutes; do not
allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and add lobster.
- Turn into four individual ramekins or a small, deep pie plate.
- Combine topping ingredients, blend well, and sprinkle over pie(s).
- Bake for about 10 minutes to heat through.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Yankee magazine
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.