- 2 (16 ounce) cans oysters or 2 pints fresh oysters
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, partially thawed and broken apart
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimiento
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup oyster liquid.
- Cook bacon crisp; dice and save 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Cook celery and onion in drippings until tender.
- Stir in peas and carrots; heat well.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Stir in milk and oyster liquid. Cook until thick, stirring.
- Fold in potatoes, pimiento, oysters and bacon; heat.
- Pour into a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Topping: Mix biscuit mix and milk. Roll and place squares on top
of oyster mixture.
- Brush with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.