Pepperoni Cheese Pie
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Hormel sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Cut half of pepperoni slices into fourths.
- Toss onion, green pepper, pepperoni and cheese with flour.
- Add milk, eggs and seasonings. Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- Gently place remaining pepperoni slices around edge of pie.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
* If using frozen shell, use deep dish shell.