Pot Roast Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion, garlic or seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cooked, sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup drained, cooked or canned peas
- 4 cups mashed white or sweet potatoes (about 10 potatoes)
- 6 thick slices cooked pot roast
- Butter, melted
- Butter a 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter in saucepan.
- Add flour, onion salt and nutmeg,
stirring until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk. Cook until thick and
- Add half of the carrots and peas.
- Heap mashed potatoes around edge of prepared baking dish.
most of the white sauce into center of baking dish.
- Arrange overlapping
slices of pot roast in sauce.
- Spoon remaining sauce into spaces
between meat slices.
- Dot with remaining carrots and peas.
meat and vegetables with melted butter.
- Broil 5 to 10 minutes or
until golden and heated throughout.
Yield: 6 servings