- 2/3 cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 scant cup water
- 1 or 2 cup canned or cooked salmon
- 4 chopped, hardboiled eggs
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Crust: Cut shortening into sifted flour and salt.
- Add water; mix well.
- Place in refrigerator until cold.
- Divide in 2. Roll out and line a 2-quart casserole with 1 crust.
- Salmon Filling: Place layer of cooked rice on crust.
- Cover with salmon, onion, hardboiled
eggs, butter, salt and pepper and remaining rice.
- Cover with top crust. Make short slits in top crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until light brown.
This recipe is from an Alaskan cookbook from Anchorage, Alaska.