Savory Steak Pot Pie
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In skillet, cook beef strips in oil over medium heat.
- Stir in olives, vegetables and tomatoes.
- In small bowl, blend cornstarch with liquid from tomatoes.
- Add to skillet
and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles
- Pour into greased, 2-quart casserole.
- To make topping: In small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Add baking mix,
parsley and cheese; stir with fork until blended.
- Pour topping over vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings