- 1 large round loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 12 ounces sliced roasted turkey breast
- 6 ounces sliced Monterey jack cheese
- 12 ounces sliced ham
- 6 ounces sliced Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sliced Italian-style salami
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 6 ounces sliced pepper jack cheese
- 12 ounces sliced roast beef
- 7 ounces herbed cream cheese
- 1 cup pepperoncini, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cut round top of bread off. Remove "lid" and set aside.
- Then remove almost all of the inside of the bread, creating a hollow
shell. Discard removed bread or save for another use.
- Spread softened butter inside of bread shell and lid.
- In bread shell layer half of these ingredients in the following
order: turkey, Monterey jack cheese, ham, Cheddar cheese, salami,
red peppers, pepper Jack cheese and roast beef.
- Spread all of cream
cheese on top of roast beef and top with all of the pepperoncini
- Repeat layers of meats, cheeses and red peppers.
with lid, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready
to serve (up to 2 days).
- When ready to serve, cut into 8 pie-shaped wedges.