Shrimp Pot Pie with Lemon Dill Crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained; reserve liquid from one can
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen, cooked, jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook over medium-high
- Stir in wine and reserved liquid from mixed vegetables.
- In small bowl, blend cornstarch with water.
- Add to skillet; cook
2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add vegetables and shrimp to skillet and stir
- Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- To make topping: In small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Add baking
mix, dill and lemon zest; stir with fork until blended.
- Pour topping
over shrimp/vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings