Skillet Taco Pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 (5-inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beef in skillet over medium high heat, breaking up clumps of
meat, 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
Pour into bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean; coat with nonstick spray.
- Cover bottom with
1/3 of the tortilla wedges.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups beef mixture, then
sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook
over medium low heat for 10 minutes or until layers can be easily
pierced with tip of a knife.
- Cut into wedges with a plastic spatula.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato).