- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, prepared as directed on can
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 medium onion
- Corn tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- Brown ground beef, chiles, onion, salt and pepper; add tomato sauce.
- Dip corn tortillas in hot shortening and line baking dish with shells;
cover with meat mixture.
- Add 1/2 of soup mixture; cover with more
tortillas, finishing with meat mixture, then soup mixture.
cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.