Tuna and Herb Pie
- 8 slices whole meal bread, crusts removed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 15 oz canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 shallots,
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Line the base of a shallow nonstick 7 x 11-inch slab tin with bread slices.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, yogurt, juice and pepper.
- Spread tuna over bread base.
- Sprinkle with cheese, shallots and dill.
pour egg mixture over tuna.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cut into squares or fingers.
- Serve either hot or cold.
This dish is great for picnics, school lunches and is a great alternative
to quiche - use low-fat alternatives for milk, yogurt and cheese if you like. Salmon
may be used in place of the tuna if you prefer.
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 7:09:26 am.
Source: Milkshake - Member posted 06-22-2001 08:05 pm