Upside Down Shepherd's Pie
We’re taking the traditional and turning it on its ear with this upside down
shepherds pie! This dish has it all – meat, veggies and potatoes, of course. It’s
a complete meal that is hearty and sure to please. Go ahead and take all the credit.
They don’t need to know how easy it was to make.
- 1 (4 ounce) package Idahoan Golden Selects® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound ground
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat,
crumble and brown ground beef.
- In a second small skillet, over medium heat, cook butter and flour together for
- Whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until thickened.
- Add gravy
- While beef is cooking, microwave or steam the vegetables until tender.
- Prepare Idahoan Golden Selects according to package instructions.
- Divide potatoes between four plates. Top with beef and gravy mixture.
- Top each serving with vegetables.
Reprinted with permission from
Idahoan Foods, LLC.