White Castle Hamburger Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix, dry, divided
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Dash of pepper
- Brown the ground beef with about half of the onion soup mix or seasoning
- Drain fat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
in remaining soup mix and put meat into a greased 9- or 10-inch
- Stir in half the cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
- Beat together eggs, mayonnaise, cream and pepper; pour evenly over
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Can be frozen.