Bavarian Torte Pie
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches or pears, drained
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour and beat mixture.
Stir in pecans. Press mixture into and up 1 inch on side of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
Pour mixture into lined pan.
- Combine peaches, sugar and cinnamon. Toss gently. Arrange over cream
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, then 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.