Butter Roll Pie
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mealy. Add water, then mix well.
- Roll dough out on floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread with butter and 1 cup sugar. Roll dough up like jellyroll. Cut in 1 1/2 inch thickness
as for cinnamon rolls.
- Place in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, combine milk with remaining 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil.
Pour over rolls.
- Return to oven and bake about 7 minutes longer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.