Caramel Frozen Yogurt Pie with Grilled Peaches
Grilling brings out the natural sugars of peaches. Serve
this as a whole pie to slice or as individual tarts. A great end to a night out
on the grill.
- 2 pints premium vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 (9-inch) prepared Graham cracker pie crust or8 individual Graham cracker pie crusts
- 11/4 cups store-bought caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 ripe peaches, halved and pitted*
* Used medium size peaches
- Transfer 1 pint of frozen yogurt from freezer to refrigerator to soften
for 30 to 40 minutes. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the pie crust until lightly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Set
aside to cool.
- To assemble the pie, spread the softened yogurt evenly over the pie crust.
Place in the freezer and chill about 1 hour.
- When firm, spread about 3/4 cup of the caramel evenly over the frozen yogurt.
Return the pie to the freezer, and transfer the second pint of frozen yogurt to the refrigerator. Allow pint to soften for
30 to 40 minutes.
- Spread the second pint of yogurt evenly over the caramel, making decorative
swirls, if possible. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- To grill peaches, prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a
gas grill on medium.
- Melt butter and stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Toss peaches with the
butter mixture until well coated.
- Grill peaches directly over medium fire, cut-side up, until grill marks
are visible, about 5 minutes.
- Turn peaches over and grill until grill marks show and peaches are tender,
about 4 minutes longer. Set aside to cool. When cool, cut peaches into thick wedges.
- When ready to serve, cut pie into wedges and serve with a mound of peaches
on the side. Drizzle a little of the remaining caramel sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 490 calories Protein 5 grams Fat 15 grams Sodium
329 milligrams Cholesterol 15 milligrams Saturated Fat 6 grams Carbohydrates 85
grams Fiber 2 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.