Caramel Pecan Topped Pumpkin Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
(16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (1 large can) undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pastry shell
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup
chopped plus whole pecans
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the 3/4 cup brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and pumpkin.
- Stir in the eggs, evaporated milk and maple flavoring.
- Pour into the pastry shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, mix the 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons whipping
cream. Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Spread the hot caramel mixture on
hot baked pie.
- Put pecans on top and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Pie Recipes