Chocolate Oatmeal Pie
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup
light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet
- In large bowl, combine flour, the 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and the 3/4 teaspoon
salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and milk add to the flour mixture in the large
bowl. Mix until all are moistened. Press this mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, and
- In large bowl, beat the eggs, add the 1 cup sugar, syrup, butter, vanilla extract
and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix until just moistened.
- Stir in coconut, oats and chocolate
- Pour into crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 55 minutes or until center
appears to be set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Chill and serve with whipped topping if desired.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/21/01 3:15:06 pm.