Cinnamon Bun Pie
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (17 1/2
ounce) package refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)*
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with 2 tablespoons melted butter;
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle
1/4 of the pecan mixture over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Place the remaining 3/4 cup melted butter in a small bowl.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Dip the biscuit pieces one at a time in
the melted butter, coating each piece thoroughly. Layer 8 biscuit pieces in the
bottom of the pie plate, completely covering the pecan mixture.
- Repeat the pecan mixture and biscuit layers 2 more times. Top with the remaining
pecan mixture and drizzle with any leftover melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes,
or until the biscuits are golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter and slice into
Serves 8 to 10.
* Note: Be sure to use flaky biscuits for this one. And to enjoy every last bit
of pecan flavor, remove any pecans left in the bottom of the pie plate after inverting
and place them over the top of the pie.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.