Colonial Innkeeper's Pie
My Mother-in-law gave this to me years ago. I think she got it from the local newspaper.
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt chocolate in water. Add sugar and bring to a boil. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Add shortening, milk and vanilla extract.
Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat. Pour batter into pie shell.
- Stir chocolate sauce and pour carefully over batter.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.
Posted by jerseyjan at recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.