Cream Puff Pie
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- Chocolate sauce and/or fresh strawberries/raspberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crust: In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour
all at once and stir until smooth ball forms. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one
at a time. Continue stirring vigorously until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Spread
in the bottom and halfway up the sides of a well greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Filling: Combine sugar, flour and salt in the top of a double boiler. Stir in
eggs and milk until smooth. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until
mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Cool.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Pour into crust. Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate sauce and/or raspberries.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.