- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 6 ounces shortbread crust
Whip (for garnish)
- Orange slices (for garnish)
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- Mix cold water and ice to make 1 1/4 cups. Gradually add to gelatin, stirring
until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Remove any remaining
- Stir in the container of Cool Whip with a wire whisk until smooth.
for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon into crust.
(There is likely to be some left over.)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Decorate top of pie with Cool Whip and orange slices just before serving.