- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 6 ounces shortbread crust
- Cool Whip (for garnish)
- Orange slices (for garnish)
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- Mix cold water and ice to make 1 1/4 cups. Gradually add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Remove any remaining ice.
- Stir in the container of Cool Whip with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon into crust. (There is likely to be some left over.)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Decorate top of pie with Cool Whip and orange slices just before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.