Footsie's Easy Peanut Butter Pie
Crust and Filling
- 1 prepared pie crust shell (I like chocolate
- 1 small package cook 'n serve vanilla pudding
- Peanut butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- If using a cookie crumb crust, brush with beaten egg white and bake in 375 degree
F oven for 5 minutes. This keeps the crust from getting soggy after being filled.
- Cook pudding according to package directions, adding peanut butter to taste.
I use a heaping serving spoon. I guess it's about 1/2 cup, but I usually just
taste it. Cook until pudding/peanut butter is very thick, stirring constantly. Fill
pie shell and top with meringue.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites till stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar, and beat until sugar
is dissolved. Spread on pie. Bake in 325 degree F oven about 15 minutes (just until
meringue is browned).
* Chocolate pudding can also be used. A large package of pudding will fill 2
pies, increase peanut butter accordingly. Sugar-free pudding can also be used for
diabetics, but use a sugar substitute in the meringue.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 5:32:51 am.
Source: The pie is my own, but the meringue came from Jessie's Heirloom Key
Lime Pie. It's the only meringue I've ever made that didn't weep, and
that includes using meringue powder.