Frozen Pina Colada Pie
- 2 cups crushed coconut macaroon cookies
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup Heublein pina colada
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Mix crumbs and butter thoroughly. Press mixture over bottom and sides of 9-inch
pie plate. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt marshmallows with pina colada over very low heat.
Cool to room temperature.
- Mix until smooth. Fold thoroughly into whipped cream. Pour into pie shell.
pie for several hours or overnight. Pie may be prepared to this point 1 week in advance.
As soon as pie is frozen, wrap tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- One half hour before serving, remove pie from freezer and place in refrigerator.
- To garnish, decorate pie with pineapple twist and mint leaves, if desired.