Fudgy Tennessee Pie
For a brownie sundae, serve pie with your choice of toppers drizzled over
the ice cream.
- Pastry for single pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ice cream
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Flute edge. Line with a double thickness of foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or till crust is set and dry.
- When crust is done, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate together over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or till thick and light colored. Beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Then, beat in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into the partially baked pastry. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 35 minutes (center will still be soft). Do not over-bake.
- Serve cool or warm with ice cream.
Serving size: 8
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Source: Midwest Living Magazine
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.